Emmy L. Keenan
400 S. Emmett Ave., Butte, MT 59701
Montana Technological University
Master of Science, Technical Communication
Montana Tech of the University of Montana
Bachelor of Science, Professional and Technical Communication (Interactive Media)
Adobe Creative Cloud
- Photoshop (11 years)
- InDesign (7 years)
- Illustrator (6 years)
- Premiere Pro (3 years)
- Animate (1 year)
- After Effects (0.5 year)
Markup & Programming Languages
- HTML (5 years)
- CSS (5 years)
- Java (1 year)
- Visual Studio (1 year)
- PHP/SQL (0.5 year)
Additional Technical Skills
- Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Technical Writing and Editing
- Digital Photography
- Video Production
- Public Speaking, Presenting Technical Information
- Copywriting and Editing
- Business Writing
- Content Management Systems (WordPress)
- Social Networking Sites
- Communication Theory (Rhetoric, Semiotics)
5518 Designs Designer Jan 2016 - Present
Graphic/web/print design, brand and logo development, desktop publishing, merchandising, photography, customer and client service, business marketing.
- Design and develop branding solutions and print materials such as logos, business cards, brochures, menus, advertisements, guides, flyers, signs, maps, stationery, merchandise, and wedding packages.
- Strategize communication solutions to meet client needs and goals for their organizations and projects.
- Work with 250+ clients, private, and non-profit organizations including: Mariah’s Challenge, Montana Tech, Silver Bow Developmental Disabilities Council, Montana Home Sprout, St. James Healthcare, and World Museum of Mining.
- Create custom designs to sell at the 5518 Designs retail outlet.
Technical Communication Department Graduate Teaching Assistant Aug 2018 - May 2020
Graduate Teaching Assistant to the course COMX 230: Presenting Technical Information.
- Facilitated classes and solely managed public speaking and presenting recitations.
- Graded student assignments and managed grades and files for 30+ students each semester.
- Reinforced lecture material and grading criteria every week for each class.
ASMT Media Director Aug 2017 - May 2018
Associate Students of Montana Tech member. Staff management, human resource management, task delegation, newspaper management and logistics.
- Founded and directed Oredigger Media, a parent organization to Montana Tech's "The Technocrat" and "KMSM 103.9".
- Partnered with the Associated Students of Montana Tech to provide the campus with an all-encompassing media outlet (articles, radio, photo, video).
- Worked with administration, web developers, student government, and community representatives to plan, organize, create, and manage the campus media outlet.
The Technocrat Media Editor Oct 2014 - May 2017
Technical editing, newsprint layout and cover design, news writing, photography.
- Collaborate with news team to compose and organize newsprint layout and cover designs for the Montana Tech student newspaper.
- Write and edit news articles on a variety of researched topics to be published and distributed to the town and student community.
- Interview students, professionals, and political figures in order to compile information and resources for news articles.
Freelance Designer, Photographer Sept 2014 - Present
- Designing and presenting logos, advertisements, documents, and marketing materials to various local clients. Photography, videography, and post-production.
- Photograph and video various events, locations, and recreation for Butte Convention and Visitor Bureau.
- Analyzed, redesigned, and reconstructed Overfalls: The Big Lift print document for the Overfalls Foundation.
- Designed logo and marketing material for Rivers and Rivers CPAs (Certified Public Accountant), Rivers Lawn Care & Snow Removal LLC (Limited Liability Company).
The Square Marketing Design Intern Jan 2014 - Sept 2015
Web design and development, desktop publishing, graphic design, project management, copywriting, brand and logo development, digital marketing.
- Collaborated with Anaconda Local Development Corporation and other organizations to create functional designs as various media for public benefit, including a tourism map of trails, attractions, and other active assets in Anaconda, Montana.
- Worked with Custom Decorators Inc. to analyze and develop designs for web pages, advertisements, and email marketing for clients such as Macy’s, Home Depot, and Lowe's.
- Developed logos, branding solutions, and various marketing material for clients and organizations including Rock Creek Cattle Company and Powell County Medical Foundation.
R&R Pet Resort Animal Caretaker June 2019 - May 2020
- Cared for variety of animals for overnight boarding and daycare including dogs, cats, birds, and rabbits.
- Scheduled logistics and reservations for clients and utilized boarding software.
- Administered food, medication, first aid, and special diets to animals.
- Bathed and groomed dogs for clients.